Genital Thrush (candida) is a common fungal infection. It occurs due to an overgrowth of a naturally found fungus in the body (candida). It isn't usually a serious condition, nevertheless the symptoms can be very uncomfortable. It usually occurs in women, but it can also happen to men. This infection called Candida/Thrush is not a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Some effective medicines can be bought at a pharmacy without a prescription. You might want to try these first, because they often work in simple cases of thrush. If you still have symptoms of thrush after using these treatments, our service can give you a prescriptive treatment if our doctors think this is the best thing for you after you fill out a short questionnaire.
This treatment is suited to people who have the most common symptoms of thrush:
- A redness or itch around the vulva and vaginal area, or affecting the glans (head) of the penis.
- A white discharge, usually resembling curdy discharge.
- Discomfort , pain and burning sensation when having sex.
- Having previous treatments for thrush which were effective.
Eirdoc offers the following treatments that are available as shown below:
- Fluconazole oral tablet (Caneclear, Diflucan or Canoral)
- Daktacort cream
- Gyno-Pevaryl vaginal pessaries
This service allows you to request a treatment from our doctors. You will be asked a series of questions related to the treatment, after which you will be asked to pay a fee of €20. To proceed, select the required dosage and click on "Start Consultation".
If you were not automatically redirected to the payment section, you may click this button to proceed: Proceed