Eirdoc Online Doctor TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eirdoc Online Doctor, operating as Eirdoc LTD, provides online doctor services. By utilising our service, you acknowledge that you have read, comprehended, and agreed to be legally bound by our terms and conditions. This service is only available to inhabitants of the Republic of Ireland; please do not use it if you reside elsewhere.
By using this service, you indicate that you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. You should not use this service if you do not understand and agree to these Terms & Conditions.
There is no 'limit' to the number of times you may consult the Eirdoc LTD Online Physician. However, on an individual basis (and at our sole discretion), we may opt to restrict your use of our services if we believe your use is excessive.
At any moment, we retain the right to modify these terms and conditions. The revised version will be uploaded on this website and will take immediate effect upon publication. If you object to any portion of these terms, you should refrain from using our Services.
If you feel you are in an urgent or emergency situation, dial 112 or 999 immediately.
Call 112 or 999 IMMEDIATELY if you or someone else is in a serious or life-threatening condition, such as if you or someone else has:
- breathing difficulties;
- uncontrollable bleeding;
- excruciating chest pain
- a life-threatening allergic response;
- significant burns or scalds;
- loss of consciousness;
- significant trauma, such as a terrible road traffic accident, a stabbing, a shooting, a fall from a height, or a severe head injury; or
- acute disoriented states and uncontrollable fits
- or if you suspect someone is suffering from a heart attack or stroke.
Eirdoc Online Doctor consultation policy
- BANNED DRUGS: Patient requiring controlled medications (benzodiazepines, morphine, codeine, modafinil, pregabalin, or gabapentin), z-drugs (e.g. sleeping pills such as zolpidem), opiates (e.g. tramadol and other related medicines), or heroin replacements will not be seen on our platform. The list is not limited to the above drugs and may include other drugs.
- Issues NOT treated on our platform: Pregnancy-related issues, fractures, chest pain or chest discomfort, abdominal discomfort with sudden onset, testicular pain or bumps, breast lumps, profuse bleeding, ear pain, ear infections, ear discomfort, sudden onset of confusion, tiredness and drowsiness, sudden onset of pain or weakness, calf pain while being on contraceptives, sudden onset of severe or incapacitating headaches, severe and sudden shortness of breath. Patient requiring controlled medications (benzodiazepines, morphine, codeine, modafinil, pregabalin, or gabapentin), z-drugs (e.g. sleeping pills such as zolpidem), opiates (e.g. tramadol and other related medicines), or heroin replacements will not be seen on our platform. Basically any issue from above or any other issue that needs a physical exam will NOT be seen on our platform and the patient will be either referred or advised to go to local GP or Local ED
- Minors will be seen on our platform however it will be mandatory for at least one of the present to be present during the video or telephone consultation. If no parent will be present then the consultation will be cancelled. If a patient reports an issue that needs a physical exam, then the patient will be either referred to her GP or local A&E (we will give a referral letter accordingly).
Eirdoc Online Doctor is a trade name of Eirdoc LTD Limited, an Irish business with registration number 691166. Eirdoc LTD Online Doctor may be reached through the following methods:
Contact phone number: 01 437 0962
Postal address: Eirdoc LTD Belgard Square North, 49 Alexander House Dublin, Ireland, D24 AEW4, Ireland
We value your privacy and the following information details how we will use and safeguard it.
Eirdoc Online Doctor adheres to all applicable data protection laws. We will combine the information you supply with information we get about you in order to manage and offer the products and/or services you want. We shall not disclose your personal information with any third parties who are not directly engaged in the delivery of these services.
Eirdoc Online Doctor protects information provided via this website using technologies that are secure such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers and has measures in place to safeguard paper and computer systems and databases from unauthorised disclosure, use, loss, and damage. Nonetheless, electronic transmissions are never totally private or secure, and any electronic messages conveyed are consequently at danger of being intercepted and possibly read by others. As a result, you should ensure that any computer, device, or telephone you use to access your online patient record is adequately safeguarded against possible interception.
You must not abuse the Services in the following ways:
- deliberately introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other malicious or technologically destructive stuff.
- make an unauthorised effort to gain access to the Services, their servers, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Services.
- conduct a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack on the Service.
We shall notify appropriate law enforcement authorities about any such breach and will cooperate with them by providing your name. In the case of a violation of this provision, your ability to use the Services shall immediately terminate.
Where a patient has expressly consented, Eirdoc Online Doctor may send direct marketing materials to the patient's supplied contact information.
To use our services, you must first register with Eirdoc Online Doctor and establish a secure online patient record for yourself. We retain the right to suspend or cancel your access at any time if we consider your continuing use of our services would be detrimental to others or to us.
By registering to use the Eirdoc Online Doctor, you agree to the following:
- verify the accuracy and completeness of the information you give; and
- undertake to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password and to take reasonable precautions to safeguard and not disclose the login information for your online patient record with anyone; and
- verify that you are at least 18 years old.
- to inform your GP for any investigations or treatments offered by Eirdoc LTD
- to follow up on all the investigations offered by Eirdoc LTD
- to consent on receiving direct marketing materials to your supplied contact information via email or mobile messages.
Each of our physicians makes the following commitments:
- Assume professional responsibility for each patient who consults with the Eirdoc Online Doctors in the same way as a doctor would when meeting with a patient in person.
- Provide a professional and transparent service in accordance with the Irish Medical Council's prescription guidelines and current best clinical practises.
- When prescribing medications and engaging with patients, prescribers should include their name and Irish Medical Council professional registration number.
- Prescribe medications only when they feel it is in the patient's best interest to receive them and, consequently, to refuse to prescribe medicines when they believe it is not in the patient's best interest to get them without the benefit of a face-to-face consultation.
- Certain prescriptions for medications will never be issued by doctors, including controlled medications such as strong analgesics, anxiolytics, sedatives, and hypnotics, as well as medication that requires specialised prescribing and monitoring; and medication that must be administered via injection (other than those listed on our website).
As the patient, you agree to the following:
- Respond honestly and completely to all questions.
- Not to re-register.
- Not to register or fill out questionnaires on behalf of another person.
- Before taking any medications that our physicians have prescribed, carefully read each message posted to your protected online medical record and follow any instructions provided for each medication. If you are unsure how to take a medication we have prescribed for you, you will call us and refrain from using the medication until you get enough information from us and comprehend the exact instructions.
- Accept the judgement of the Eirdoc Online Physicians if our doctors conclude that receiving the desired medication without a face-to-face consultation is not in your best interests.
- Respect our physicians and staff. We will not accept any kind of abuse. We reserve the right to delete your patient record and refund any open orders in the case of such behaviour.
- With your cooperation and given that you provide us with the name and address of your primary care physician in writing, we will always offer to notify your primary care physician of any medications prescribed by our physicians.
- Ascertain that no one else has access to any prescriptions for medications that we provide to you.
- Ascertain that any prescriptions for medications written in anticipation of a medical emergency are not utilised over their expiration date.
- Notify Eirdoc Online Doctor through your online patient record if you suffer any adverse reactions to any medication we prescribe for you or if you believe a medication we provided for you was ineffective.
Order placement and cancellation
When you sign up for a service that includes the prescription of medications, we will conduct an evaluation of your clinical appropriateness for the medications prior to approving their supply. When you submit your request, you consent to us initiating this service and conducting an evaluation of your clinical appropriateness for medications, and as such, you will have no legal right to cancel your purchase. To cancel an order, contact Eirdoc Online Doctor Customer Services through a message in your patient record's doctor support section. All refunds will be handled by Eirdoc Online Doctor within three working days of the online doctor consultation but may take up to five working days to display on your bank or credit card account as an Eirdoc LTD transaction.
To get a refund for video consultations, cancellations must be submitted 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
Cancellations for health tests are permitted as long as the unused and unopened Home Test Kit is returned to us in its original packing box. €15 is withheld from the refund to cover the expense of destroying the kit, which cannot be reused, as well as our transportation charges.
Cancellations for web-form consultations (through our online questionnaires and in the absence of a scheduled video consultation) are permitted within thirty days of payment, as long as the original signed prescription is returned to us unused. A deduction of €10 is made from the return to offset some of our expenses.
When we get a prescription request from you, we will confirm receipt by email to the contact email address you provided. This email serves as confirmation of a request and is not binding on us until we prescribe your medication or begin providing therapeutic services, whichever happens first. Professional standards of conduct and legal constraints may impose limits on the quantity and frequency of any item we are entitled to prescribe to you, and as such, we are under no duty to prescribe amounts more than the applicable permissible maximum. We have the right to refuse any order for any reason.
Our professionals can make an informed choice about whether it is in the patient's best interest to get a medication only after they have gathered all pertinent information. Occasionally, this may require the doctor to get more information from the patient in addition to the information supplied in answer to an online questionnaire.
Eirdoc Online Doctor is the provider of this service. You agree that any claim you make against Eirdoc Online Doctor shall be made exclusively against Eirdoc Online Doctor
Eirdoc Online Doctor assumes full clinical responsibility (to the degree permitted by law) for all of its patients. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage (whether caused by contract fault or otherwise) in the following circumstances:
- We have not violated any legal duty of care due to you by us;
- The loss or harm is not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the violation;
- Any loss or damage, or increased risk of loss or damage, that occurs as a consequence of your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
We are not liable for the following:
- any loss or damage incurred as a result of your submitting incorrect or incomplete information;
- emotional distress, including, but not limited to, humiliation;
- revenue or expected profit loss;
- opportunity squandered;
- a loss of goodwill or a blemish on one's reputation;
- third-party losses; or
- any indirect, consequential, extraordinary, or exemplary damages incurred as a result of the use of the service, regardless of the cause of action.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts or eliminates our responsibility for death or bodily damage resulting from our carelessness, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. These Terms and Conditions have no effect on your statutory rights. We take effort to ensure that all information on this website is correct, including information about our company, services, and any items mentioned. However, they are always evolving, and information may become out of current at times. The website's general medical information – in contrast to the individualised information uploaded to your online patient record – is not a replacement for particular and personalised medical advice and should not be read or used as such. From time to time, we may offer links on our website to third-party owned and managed websites. These links are provided for your convenience only; we have no control over and will bear no responsibility for the content of any linked websites. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to impose a benefit on any third party, and no person who is not a party to them has any authority to enforce them. No delay or failure to enforce rights under these Terms and Conditions constitutes a waiver of the right to do so and has no bearing on rights arising from a later violation.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law, and the parties expressly submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Irish courts. If any of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, that term or condition shall be severed and deleted from the agreement to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which it is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect. The Terms and Conditions set out above will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Irish law, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
AT ANY TIME, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE NEW VERSION OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE POSTED AND WILL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING.